We are a software product development company now branching out into robotics, precisely consumer, personal robots. We have a vision that in the coming year's robots will shift from being industrial creatures working at the large factories to being personal robots, assistants and companions to us humans.
We envision similar changes like what happened with computers to happen with robots. Computers were large industrial ones than personal, then wearables. And robots are to undergo a shift from industrial to personal following Moore's law and benefiting from cloud computing and 5G.
As a company working with top global brands worldwide, we have ample possibilities to connect with different markets and opportunities to test our robots and have markets for their use.
Who are we looking for?
- a person with experience in building and programming simple personal robots
- a person following advances in robotics and capable of sourcing the right components, technologies and tools to set up a small robotics lab either at home or in our office in Riga. The managed external lab is also an option.
- naturally, we expect you to be passionate about the future, where each of us will have a personal robot doing ... just like everything!
- you probably dream to buy a Boston Dynamics dog or can make your own from the Open Dog open-source robot project!
- you are a self-starter cause to start with you will be employee number 1 in our Robotics Lab
- you aim at delivery - meaning that every month, we want to create or procure something that will move us further into the ability to create a new future, the future of robotics
Our promise to you:
- shared vision and commitment to the future of robotics
- flexible budgeting to support our trial and error goals and enable us to learn as much as we can handle
- support of the company with a global network of customers and contacts
- close involvement of Scandiweb CEO & founder into daily operations and strategy planning
- eventually, we want to create a state of the art robotics centre in the region focusing on robotics innovation and HCI design
- we are not looking into the commercialisation of our efforts in the coming 2-3 years, so there will be no commercial pressure, but a lot of creative ones
Who are we?
- A fast-growing company started in Riga, Latvia and becoming borderless and online-first in 2020
- We believe that the term "remote work" is misleading and instead we enable all of our global team to be always on in our virtual workspace
- Our company is chosen by brands like Jaguar, New York Times, Walmart, AirBaltic, Buff, The Met Museum, BMW, Puma and many others for our exceptional professionalism and leadership in digital
How to apply?
- Apply using the “start your journey here” button below!
- Fill out the necessary details and we will get back to you very soon with the next steps
- Wonder what those are? Usually a phone call, test assignment and a technical interview
NOTE! If you are starting your journey with us remotely, you will need to have your own hardware setup. We recommend having the following minimum specifics: CPU i5 (or AMD equivalent), SSD 512GB and RAM 16GB
- Optional flexible working hours
- Commitment to your professional growth
- Health Insurance
- Language course coverage
- Access to a free and ever-growing library
- Active and interesting Online Office - games, gatherings, discussions, activities…
- Crowdbonus - every month colleagues reward each other
- and more! You will find it out when you join the interview!