Scandiweb has a unique department and here is why it is unique!
1) The only place where you can work with so differentiated tech stacks - Swift, Java for Android, PWA - Progressive Web Apps, core PHP, Python, NodeJs and platforms like Magetno and EPIServer!
2) The only place that is a true Cloud of Digital Services - you will be exposed to SEO, PPC, re-designs and Conversion Rate OPtimisation projects as well as A/B testing tools and data tracking!
3) The department is not so large, below 60 people now with plans to grow up to 100 in the cozy Old Town office having its own Cafe with Barista. What really matters is that the department works in teams of 4 to 6 people each carrying its name leading by the most experienced developers and WELCOMING JUNIORS LIKE YOU!
Last, but not least - in Service Cloud you will get a chance to put on your CV working with top brands like Jaguar, Land Rover, Durex, Thomson Reuters, Bonnier, The New York Times and Buff!
WE WELCOME JUNIOR DEVELOPERS, WHO ARE EXPECTED TO:
- Learn from their Mentor - each Junior gets one
- Get involved and do as much as they can - quantity will become quality
- Accept the challenge - the best way to learn is by pushing yourself and finding the solution, which at first seemed out of reach!!
- Accept our help, there are no lonely wolves - all of our results are the fruits of teamwork and helping each other
WHAT DOES IT TAKE TO BE A JUNIOR DEVELOPER?
- Send your CV or a simple e-mail to email@example.com saying you want to join us
- Have a conversation - we will get back to you very soon!
- Complete a test to see if you meet the minimum requirement to be part of the team
- Come to an interview to meet the team and learn more about our daily life
- Pair program with our team member or have a technical conversation
Usually, you can easily complete the test, if you understand OOP and have from a few months to a few years of relevant experience.
WHAT IS IT LIKE TO BE A JUNIOR DEVELOPER?
We will teach you HOW:
- AWS and multi-region scalable solutions with disaster recovery plans.
- Knowledge of Magento, Shopify or Wordpress CMS structure and their business side.
- JIRA, Confluence.
- JS frameworks or Laravel (we would appreciate any other frameworks as well).
- High-load testing, Automated testing, work with Varnish, Memcache, NoSQL, Composer.
- Creation of solutions for Payment, Shipping, Storage via API and custom integrations.
Which will afterwards become a part of your daily life!
- Crowd Bonus - every month colleagues reward each other
- Optional travel abroad to meet our amazing customers and work together
- Paid conferences, from local ones to ones in London, San Francisco, Las Vegas and more
- Treats and vitamins: fruits, honey, ginger will make you feel warmer in the cold season
- Professional certification
- Friday Team Lunch
- Access to our free and ever-growing library
- Covered sports activities in addition to health insurance
And much more!
But that you will find out when you come to visit! :)