Scandiweb is a Latvian startup run by guys and girls with global citizenship, accepting big challenges and finding beautiful solutions for brands like Jaguar, New York Times, Walmart, AirBaltic, Buff, The Met Museum, BMW, Puma and many others. We've made sure that Fortune 500 companies know where to look for digital solutions!
We are constantly growing and looking for energetic and motivated individuals who are interested in building a better and safer future! In the last couple of years, the IT industry has become very powerful and is getting bigger and bigger. Nowadays it is hard to imagine that a store doesn't have an e-commerce shop, especially now when everything is happening online.
The only things created through pure artistic inspiration and personal emotional discharge are works of art made for their own sake, with zero “commercial” or “social” requests in mind.
All other things, we believe, start with an analysis of the business request, framing it into a concept, brainstorming on different techniques and tools to communicate the concept through the required medium and eventually working on its realisation.
- The team you may work with is part of a highly successful technology company. That's why we look at our design as an “executable code” fed through the eyes into the brain as a compilation and execution device sending nerve impulses and causing envisioned actions to happen.
- Our designs are working on the edge of making the impossible a reality - our designs helped sell $20 million worth of virtual currency in a week; our designs convinced leaders from Facebook, Google and Uber to travel to Riga and speak at a local conference; our designs are breaking into as of yet untapped opportunities and markets, e.g. designing fintech products for vegans.
- We do not sweat re-making our visual solutions two, three, five or ten times till they “click”. We always find the right market fit. Iteration is a painful process, but reaching that perfect final result is exhilarating beyond measure for our team and our clients.
- Why ANALYTICAL? And why it is in caps...? Well, it is easy to be creative and produce something that looks and feels like a nice design, but to figure out what exactly we want to achieve, why and how to embody this goal in design... this requires a lot of analysis, thinking and team debates helping eventually arrive at something amazing, that could have never been reached individually!
- Please, apply, if you feel that you miss an amalgamation of creativity AND logic in your career if you enjoy weaving in principles of semiotics in your design and want to challenge yourself designing for global brands and startups.
- Active and interesting Online Office - games, gatherings, discussions, activities…
- Crowdbonus - every month colleagues reward each other
- Optional flexible working hours
- Professional certification
- Health Insurance
- Language course coverage
- Commitment to your professional growth - we'll provide you with necessary courses, learning materials and mentorship to support your growth. You will work on interesting, complex and innovative projects with senior colleagues to help you adapt fast
- and more! You will find it out when you join the interview!