Live in Latvia - build for the World!
Scandiweb is a local startup run by guys and girls from Latvia accepting big challenges and finding beautiful solutions for brands like Jaguar, New York Times, Ford, Nestle, Walmart, and Lancome. We've made sure that Fortune 500 companies know that Latvia is the best place for digital solutions, and we've had a great deal of fun doing it!
Millions of people use our solutions every day - when they buy a new car, a wedding ring, funny socks or even condoms! Yeah, we made sites for HappySocks and Durex too!
What's next? We put Latvia on the map for eCommerce solutions and now we have a way bigger goal! We want that whenever you tell someone that you are from Latvia, the first thing that pops into their head is Scandiweb.
Join us! Help us do for Latvia what Skype did for Estonia, Spotify for Sweden and Linux for Finland!
The only things created through pure artistic inspiration and personal emotional discharge are works of art made for their own sake, with zero “commercial” or “social” requests in mind.
All others things, we believe, start with an analysis of the business request, framing it into a concept, brainstorming on different techniques and tools to communicate the concept through the required medium and eventually working on its realisation.
- The team you may work with is part of a highly-successful technology company. That's why we look at our design as an “executable code” fed through the eyes into the brain as a compilation and execution device sending nerve impulses and causing envisioned actions to happen.
- Our designs are working on the edge of making the impossible a reality - our designs helped sell $20 million worth of virtual currency in a week; our designs convinced leaders from Facebook, Google and Uber to travel to Riga and speak at a local conference; our designs are breaking into as of yet untapped opportunities and markets, e.g. designing fintech products for vegans.
- We do not sweat re-making our visual solutions two, three, five or ten times till they “click”. We always find the right market fit. Iteration is a painful process, but reaching that perfect final result is exhilarating beyond measure for our team and our clients.
- Why ANALYTICAL? And why it is in caps...? Well, it is easy to be creative and produce something that looks and feels like a nice design, but to figure out what exactly we want to achieve, why and how to embody this goal in design... this requires a lot of analysis, thinking and team debates helping eventually arrive at something amazing, that could have never been reached individually!
- Please, apply, if you feel that you miss an amalgamation of creativity AND logic in your career if you enjoy weaving in principles of semiotics in your design and want to challenge yourself designing for global brands and startups.
- Crowd Bonus - every month colleagues reward each other
- Optional travel abroad to meet our amazing customers and work together
- Paid conferences, from local ones to ones in London, San Francisco, Las Vegas and more
- Treats and vitamins: fruits, honey, ginger will make you feel warmer in the cold season
- Professional certification
- Friday Team Lunch
- Access to our free and ever-growing library
- Covered sports activities in addition to health insurance
But that you will find out when you come to visit! :)