Scandiweb is a Latvian startup run by guys and girls from all around the world accepting big challenges and finding beautiful solutions for brands like Puma, New York Times, Metropolitan Museum of Art, LEVIS, Sportland… We've made sure that Fortune 500 companies know that Latvia is the best place for digital solutions, and we've had a great deal of fun doing it! But we are constantly growing and expanding, so join us and help us achieve great wonders!
Millions of people use our solutions every day - when they buy a new car, a wedding ring, funny socks or even condoms! Yeah, we made sites for HappySocks and Durex too!
What's next? We will make sure that Scandiweb is the best place that people choose for eCommerce solutions. We want that whenever you tell them that you work in Scandiweb, they know it and are familiar with it!
Join Scandiweb & Work from anywhere!
We welcome Site Reliability Engineers, who are expected to:
- learn from their Mentor - even if you are already mid-level or senior level, there is still so much to learn. And you got the best team to learn from!
- have experience in development and interest in Site Reliability Engineering
- BUT if you already have experience in SRE, join as well as we are expanding our Server Development department and are looking for all levels
- have a clear goal in progression to become a Senior - we have a Power-Up plan done together with a Senior colleague, who helps you set goals and achieve them
- be involved - ask questions, explore alternative solutions, challenge yourself and others
- get a mission! A big goal that will change your life and the life of others!
- be part of the family, ask for help and help others
What does it take to become a Site Reliability Engineer?
- Apply using the “start your journey here” button below!
- Fill out the necessary details and we will get back to you very soon with the next steps
- Wonder what those are? Usually a phone call, test assignment and a technical interview
Usually, you can easily complete the test, if you understand the basics of server-side, have AWS experience or similar and have from a few months to a few years of relevant experience.
NOTE! If you are starting the work remotely you will need to have your own hardware setup. We recommend having CPU i5 (or AMD equivalent), SSD 512GB and RAM 16GB
What is it like to be a Site Reliability Engineer?
- you are a part of our small SRE team working together on company infrastructure solutions and tasks for our customers
- you get real-world tasks, set up, configure and see how your solutions work under real-life heavy load
- as a Site Reliability Engineer, you will have independence for implementing non-critical tasks
- our Engineers are friendly and supportive like no others - they will help you with any challenges you will stumble upon
- you will get mentorship, knowledge sharing and solution review as well as a lot of pair-admining to make sure you do great and learn a lot!
- you start with the most progressive tech stack Kubernetes, Docker, SSO, Logstash, Prometheus, Graphana, Terraform, Vitess and much more!
- being a Site Reliability Engineer in Scandiweb is a very special experience because, while there are more than 100 developers, there are only a few site reliability engineers, so you are joining a very small and friendly (and important!) family!
- Active and interesting Online Office - games, gatherings, discussions, activities…
- Crowdbonus - every month colleagues reward each other
- Optional flexible working hours
- Professional certification
- Health Insurance
- Language course coverage
- Commitment to your professional growth - we'll provide you with necessary courses, learning materials and mentorship to support your growth. You will work on interesting, complex and innovative projects with senior colleagues to help you adapt fast
- and more! You will find it out when you join the interview!