Scandiweb is an eCommerce agency that started its journey in Latvia by two entrepreneurs sitting in a small room. Until now, many companies worldwide have chosen our eCommerce solutions - Jaguar, New York Times, Walmart, AirBaltic, Buff, The Met Museum, BMW, Puma, and many others.
⭐️ We are the #1 eCommerce Agency in the world and it takes a lot to push the boundaries and stay ahead! Join us and be part of the ambitious journey!
We welcome Site Reliability Engineers, who are expected to:
- Learn from their Mentor - even if you are already mid-level or senior level, there is still so much to learn. And you got the best team to learn from!
- Have experience in development and interest in Site Reliability Engineering
- BUT if you already have experience in SRE, join as well as we are expanding our Server Development department and are looking for all levels
- Have a clear goal in progression to become a Senior - we have a Power-Up plan done together with a Senior colleague, who helps you set goals and achieve them
- Be involved - ask questions, explore alternative solutions, challenge yourself and others
- Get a mission! A big goal that will change your life and the life of others!
- Be part of the family, ask for help and help others
What does it take to become a Site Reliability Engineer?
Apply using the “start your journey here” button below!
Fill out the necessary details and we will get back to you very soon with the next steps
Wonder what those are? Usually a phone call, test assignment and a technical interview
Usually, you can easily complete the test, if you understand the basics of server-side, have AWS experience or similar and have from a few months to a few years of relevant experience.
NOTE! If you are starting the work remotely you will need to have your own hardware setup. We recommend having CPU i5 (or AMD equivalent), SSD 512GB and RAM 16GB
What is it like to be a Site Reliability Engineer?
- You are a part of our small SRE team working together on company infrastructure solutions and tasks for our customers
- You get real-world tasks, set up, configure and see how your solutions work under real-life heavy load
- As a Site Reliability Engineer, you will have independence for implementing non-critical tasks
- Our Engineers are friendly and supportive like no others - they will help you with any challenges you will stumble upon
- You will get mentorship, knowledge sharing and solution review as well as a lot of pair-admining to make sure you do great and learn a lot!
- You start with the most progressive tech stack Kubernetes, Docker, SSO, Logstash, Prometheus, Graphana, Terraform, Vitess and much more!
- Being a Site Reliability Engineer in Scandiweb is a very special experience because, while there are more than 100 developers, there are only a few site reliability engineers, so you are joining a very small and friendly (and important!) family!
Active and interesting Online Office - games, gatherings, discussions, activities…
Crowdbonus - every month colleagues reward each other
Optional flexible working hours
Language course coverage
Commitment to your professional growth - we'll provide you with necessary courses, learning materials and mentorship to support your growth. You will work on interesting, complex and innovative projects with senior colleagues to help you adapt fast
and more! You will find it out when you join the interview!
Salary - as we hire globally and our career site is meant for possible colleagues all around the world, the salary depends on the location. For more information, you can check the local job sites or contact us directly.