Live in Latvia - build for the World!
Scandiweb is a local startup run by guys and girls from Latvia accepting big challenges and finding beautiful solutions for brands like Jaguar, New York Times, Ford, Nestle, Walmart, and Lancome. We've made sure that Fortune 500 companies know that Latvia is the best place for digital solutions, and we've had a great deal of fun doing it!
Millions of people use our solutions every day - when they buy a new car, a wedding ring, funny socks or even condoms! Yeah, we made sites for HappySocks and Durex too!
What's next? We put Latvia on the map for eCommerce solutions and now we have a way bigger goal! We want that whenever you tell someone that you are from Latvia, the first thing that pops into their head is Scandiweb.
Join us! Help us do for Latvia what Skype did for Estonia, Spotify for Sweden and Linux for Finland!
We welcome Site Reliability Engineers, who are expected to:
- learn from their Mentor - even if you are already mid-level or senior level, there is still so much to learn. And you got the best to learn from!
- have a clear goal in progression to become a Senior - we have a Power Up plan done together with a Senior colleague, who helps you set goals and achieve them
- be involved - ask questions, explore alternative solutions, challenge yourself and others
- get a mission! A big goal that will change your life and the life of others!
- be part of the family, ask for help and help others
What does it take to become a Site Reliability Engineer?
- send your CV or a simple e-mail to email@example.com saying you want to join us
- have a conversation - we will get back to you very soon!
- complete a test to see if you meet the minimum requirement to be part of the team
- come to an interview to meet the team and learn more about our daily life
- pair program with our team member or have a technical conversation
Usually, you can easily complete the test, if you understand the basics of server side, have AWS experience or similar and have from a few months to a few years of relevant experience.
What is it like to be a Site Reliability Engineer?
- you are a part of our small SRE team working together on company infrastructure solutions and tasks for our customers
- you get real-world tasks, set up, configure and see how your solutions work under real-life heavy load
- as a Site Reliability Engineer, you will have independence for implementing non-critical tasks
- our Engineers are friendly and supportive like no others - they will help you with any challenges you will stumble upon
- you will get mentorship, knowledge sharing and solution review as well as a lot of pair-admining to make sure you do great and learn a lot!
- you start with the most progressive tech stack Kubernetes, Docker, SSO, Logstash, Prometheus, Graphana, Terraform, Vitess and much more!
- being a site reliability engineer in Scandiweb is a very special experience because, while there are more than 100 developers, there are only a few site reliability engineers, so you are joining a very small and friendly (and important!) family!
- Professional certification;
- Access to our free and ever-growing library;
- Health insurance
But that you will find out when you come to visit! :)