What do we mean - on Steroids?!
What if I told you that after 15 years in IT, I have never seen a project led successfully by a large managerial team?
Teams consisting of Enterprise Architects, Risk Managers, Technical Leads, Scrum Masters, Product Owners, Business Analysts, Account Managers, Project Managers, User Journey managers, Resource Managers are formed to eliminate any risk of failure, and yet not only do failures happen, but projects are also hurt by having such large teams.
So, what have I seen?
The point of failure or stagnation is due to friction between the different managers, who each have different agendas and goals. Communication barriers and issues appear and in the end, nobody focuses on the project as a whole - people care more about being, for instance, a good Business Analyst, rather than making the best project possible.
I have seen enterprise and startup level projects successfully led by a single person, who was efficiently embodying all of the above-mentioned titles but only on a temporary role level.
The solution to the managerial conflict is both simple and complex. Simple - we solve it by having only one person embody the roles of Product Owner, Business Analyst and even Enterprise Architect... Within one person these roles are synchronous, eliminating friction, conflict and communication issues. They are immediate, instantly and mutually informed on all the aspects of the project. Here's the hard part - it takes a hero and a lot of smarts, energy, experience, and passion to become such a person.
Be it Walmart, Jaguar or New York Times, we treat every project as a startup. A project is led by one PM with on-demand access to almost 200 talented colleagues working with you under one roof. At Scandiweb we have a support ecosystem with Senior PMs, Devs, Marketing experts always available at an arm's reach.
How to become one?
Easy. Join us and you'll go above and beyond what you ever thought you could achieve. Understanding technology and embracing soft skills are the core values.
The Junior-Mid-Senior Scale is based on your skills across multiple competencies such as technology, both app logic and infrastructure; understanding of business logic, or, in simple terms, how a business makes money; your interpersonal skills - being a listener, being aware of the team's emotional state and your own emotional intelligence. Persuasion, sales and writing skills are also part of the mix as the best sale is always made by a person who knows EXACTLY what he or she is selling!
For the Junior level, we expect that you are actively aware of more than half of the necessary competencies and have some experience applying your hard and soft skills. When getting started, the things you will benefit most from are the ability to convert quantity into quality and strong personal discipline. There is only a handful of such people in Latvia (and Europe and US, for that matter). We know how to get there, but we need you to be a passionate follower.
Ready to try?
- send your CV or a simple email to email@example.com quoting this job offer
- have a conversation with us - we will get back to you very soon!
- you will have a test simulating some of our PM tasks to see how you approach solving them
- come to an interview, learn more about our daily life and meet your potential colleagues
- pair-PM with one of our Senior PMs and have a more in-depth interview
- Crowd Bonus - every month colleagues reward each other
- Optional travel abroad to meet our amazing customers and work together
- Paid conferences, from local ones to ones in London, San Francisco, Las Vegas and more
- Treats and vitamins: fruits, honey, ginger will make you feel warmer in the cold season
- Professional certification
- Friday Team Lunch
- Access to our free and ever-growing library
- Covered sports activities in addition to health insurance
Looking forward to talking with you! Feel welcome to request a pair-PMing session with me, once you pass the test.
Antons Sapriko, Scandiweb's first Project Manager.